Our 90 minute experience is the perfect introduction to flight. Your flight will start with meeting your instructor, who will explain what will happen during your flight. After a brief introduction on the ground, it’s out to the aircraft, where your instructor pilot will show you how the aircraft works. Once airborne, we will fly over the beautiful Colorado countryside and your instructor pilot will demonstrate to you how the aircraft flies. Once you have had the chance to take some photos and look out the window, it will be time for your instructor to introduce you to how we use the controls to fly the aircraft. This flight is perfect for your first flight or for those who are thinking of learning to fly.
- No medical is required to fly a glider category aircraft
- For our young students, you can solo at age 14 and get your Private Pilot glider license at age 16
- There is nothing like turning the engine off in flight and just hearing the wind. This aircraft is pure FUN!
- Maximum weight 220 lbs and height approx 6′ 4″. (Please state weight and height when booking, as we may need to seek a different instructor for larger clients.)
- Disability: This is not necessarily a barrier to flying, and our instructors would be pleased to discuss your needs.
- Minimum age is normally 12 (adult supervision is required if under 18)
- Flying is very weather dependent, so we recommend you phone the club before setting out to check that the weather is suitable.
- Experiences are available to anyone in reasonable health.